deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

March 10, 2012

Amsterdam and Bruges

Amsterdam is a really cool city. Forgive the primary school word I used there, but I think that's the best way to describe it. It's got a laidback atmosphere, while still being hip and vibrant. I found that the people were super nice... until they get on a bicycle (I would classify myself has a competent bike rider but I would not dare try riding a bike in Amsterdam). We also went on an awkward fast walk through the red-light district, but I didn't take any photos, because that would've been, well, awkward...





Amsterdam
I loved the style of the buildings.


Some of the canals had frozen solid, and people were walking and skating on them.


I shuffled out onto the ice to get a few pictures, and then quickly shuffled back to safety before I slipped and broke something.


This place had epic panckes, but I made the wrong choice and ordered waffles instead.


Bruges
This is Bruges, where we stopped over for a short while on our way to Calais (and London!). It's famous for looking very fairytale.




Sorry if you're sick of my Europe posts. They're almost done! I meant to post this earlier in the week but uni work got into the way. It's past midnight on a Friday night (or Saturday morning, if you want to get technical) and I'm really having to work to keep my eyes open. Next up is London but I may or may not have something else to post in between.

20 comments:

  1. thats my dream city right there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are absolutely beautiful as ever Jane! The pancake looks amazing but I guess a waffle would've been just as good ;) the style of the buildings in Bruges are so pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these cities! So jealous, these photographs are lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahahahah, I know! People on bicycles in Amsterdam can be quite... frightening. It's fun to see... "my own city" through someone else's eyes. And well, you know... your photos are just really, really nice.

    I'm very excited to see London! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your city is suuuch a lovely place, i'd definitely go back!

      Delete
  5. These are such great photos! My boyfriend has been to Amsterdam and he thinks it's an awesome city too. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, Jane. These pictures are so stunning.
    That pancake looks so yummy & I can't believe that the canals froze over! That's amazing! N'aww, I bet the waffle looked nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha funny! i live in holland! nice to see this picture from amsterdam! i sister lives there! great photo's:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such an interesting blog darling! I love travelling so these pictures too, but I´ve never been to Amsterdam yet :) Would you maybe like to follow us each others?:)
    Simona
    www.simimaus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. jane, i've FINALLY gotten around to having a look through all of your trip photos and they're SO beautiful! you've done an amazing job at capturing the place. europe is honestly like a fairytale-- i would have just been walking around with my mouth hanging open the whole time! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachael. My jaw was definitely on the floor most of the time!

      Delete
  10. Why are you torturing me with all these pictures of beautiful foreign places?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not sick of these posts at all, your photography is so gorgeous, and it's very interesting to me! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. These pictures are gorgeous! Makes me wish I had more money so I could visit all these places myself :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. great photography skills :)
    Interesting blog, I really enjoyed browsing it :)

    XX JUNO ♥
    Visit Ohit'sJuno▲
    THANK YOU :))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing photography, love your blog!
    Follow you on GFC and Bloglovin' :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. how could i get sick of your Europe posts! :3 these are so beautiful to look at. so much beauty in the architecture and snow and food and people. <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amsterdam looks perfect! Just like every single European city. And I don't think I could ever get sick of looking at your posts from Europe. It's so different to Australia. I wish I lived there <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow lady, you have done so much traveling already i'm seriously proud of you! just for finding your own and being adventurous in that sort of way xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.