deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

March 5, 2012

Salzburg and Heidelberg

Salzburg, Austria and Heidelberg, Germany were two of my favourite places from this trip. I found that, in general, I liked the smaller towns more; I've always identified as a city girl but being in so many new places was stressful, and places like Paris and Rome were almost too hectic for me.


Salzburg was covered in snow, so it was lovely and picturesque.


Salzburg



I think I had three schnitzels in the space of two days when we were in Austria/Germany.


It was really nice walking along the banks of the river after dinner. It was calm and pretty (with proper powdery snow).


Square in Heidelberg, which is a tiny town.


Heidelberg Castle, which sits up on a cliff, overlooking everything.



We decided we wanted to go up to the castle, so we went up by foot. Dusk was falling and it felt so fairtytale-like with the castle and the woods. It was actually spooky at times because it was so quiet; I half expected to be kidnapped by a witch.






I think this was the courtyard, inside the castle walls.

Heidelberg
The view from the castle was amazing.


Look! Real chimney smoke!

Next up is Amsterdam and Bruges. As for what's happening in my life right now... nothing much, just uni and trying to stay on top of work. Also, Deluminators hit 200 followers on blogger, so thanks everyone!

22 comments:

  1. these are so stunning, Jane. <3 like pictures that make my heart race. such a wonderful feeling and such breathtaking locations xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these towns look beautiful! I'm adding them to my must visit list. I visited Are in Sweden last year, these pictures kind of remind me of there. Great pictures and hope you had a great time! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, wow. This looks amazing, I've always loved the southern towns of Germany, the houses are always so picturesque and the castles are fairytale-like!

    Congrats on the 200 followers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are honestly stunning. The castles are so entirely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous shots. Wanderlust in overdrive.

    Christie

    Dark Blue Stripes

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these pictures are gorgeous. <3
    (I particularly love the second to last picture.)

    But your posts have been bringing out the wanderlust inside of me. Everywhere just looks so beautiful. :)

    But congratulations on the 200 followers! You and your blog are flawless!

    loveamberx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Jane, I feel like each of those shots could be a postcard. thank you for sharing your beautiful work.
    Did being in Austria remind you of Sound of Music? :)
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't not be reminded of it, everything was either Sound of Music or Mozart themed, haha.

      Delete
  8. Jane I really enjoy your holiday post and your pictures are really breath-taking. It looks like you can apply it for a magazine perhaps? Your posts are making me want to travel around the world. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, these pictures are so beautiful, your trip sounds really amazing! X

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful view from the castle! what a lovely town. i considered going to salzburg when i was in europe but we didn't have time. :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. The envy continues! What a picturesque place.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, it looks SO beautiful there, definitely adding it to my "to go" list! Your blog is lovely, if you want to take a look at mine it’s at http://grassettagillie.blogspot.com, if you’d like we should follow each other! :)

    xo Gillie

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty! Amazing photos!

    PS. We’ve a giveaway to Number A on our blog! Check it out if you’d like! :)
    ox from NYC!
    davie+erica

    LPFashionPhilosophy

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's funny how you refer to Heidelberg and Lucerne as small towns, because, for european standards, they are actually not that small! :-) Of course, neither is as big as Zürich (speaking for Switzerland) or Berlin (for Germany), but by our standards they're medium-sized cities! Anyways, I'm already excited for the next posts, because, and I have said it before, I just looooove your pictures! So dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realise that! Maybe I'm just used to bigger cities, haha.

      Delete
  15. Wow. So pretty, just like a fairy tale. I've been planning my next holiday (even though I just got back from Vietnam literally yesterday!) to the States and have been considering going in winter for some snowy goodness and these pictures may have just convinced me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful (again)! I've wanted to do a road trip to Germany - Austria and Switzerland for awhile...but there's so many place to visit, and so little time (and not enough money, of course) haha. But it looks lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow this is soo beautiful! our company's main headquarters is in Salzburg and I always wonder how they are and what it looks like outside their window every time we write emails to each other. soo funny xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. fantastic, wish I could be there right now

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.