deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

May 1, 2012

Wednesday Addams

I'd had an eye out for a black dress with a white collar, à la Wednesday Addams, since I discovered the 1991 Addams Family movie two years ago (I don't know how I hadn't watched it before, but it immediately earned a place on my favourite movies list). On Thursday, I finally found a suitable one in General Pants, by Alice in the Eve .



I'm afraid my hair gets in the way of the collar. I suppose I could put it up, but I don't like how I look when I do.


I love that it's got contrasting cuffs as well.

The only thing that bothers me about it is that it's pretty shapeless, and I'm not sure if it's a good look on me (I love a nipped in waist). I don't think a belt would suit it, and getting it tailored would cost more than I'm willing to pay - it's times like these I wish I was handy with a sewing machine! I still love this dress though, and it's perfect for sneakily wearing a thermal underneath when it gets a bit chilly.

This is another hurried post before bed, I know I'm behind on returning comments, I'll get to them soon!

22 comments:

  1. Try folding then using a safety pin from inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Honestly, the matching cuffs too... oh, it's perfect - don't change a thing! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That collar is too cute! I really love it!
    xoxo, Laura
    http://styleandsushi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! Have you seen the Adams family values where they go to summer camp? It's ace

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress looks lovely, loving the peter pan collars :-)

    - J x

    phoenixful.blogspot.com - if you like, follow via GFC / Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is so nice! I love the contrasting white collar and cuff, as well :) I'm going to America in a few months and have booked tickets to see an Addams Family musical. It's probably going to be terrible, but I am unashamedly excited!

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh that sounds amazing, haha.

      Delete
  7. Wow Jane! I love your idea of buying a white-collared-black dress in style of Wednesday Addams! And to be honest, I really like it. Although I do think a belt would look quite good on it too, but then a very subtle one. I really like the fabric of the dress, I always tend to look for dresses like that, I never find em -___-'

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute dress! i used to have one really similar that i bought from vinnies but the cut just didn't suit me or fit me right at all. :( looks lovely on you though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It does remind me of Wednesday Addams. Brings back childhood memories. So cute!

    xoxo,
    Suzie Q
    Style Cue by Suzie Q

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well thank you! (: I love it there, it is 15 minutes away from my house, so that's great. I love that "shirt" it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! I haven't watched that movie for ages! I have to do it again soon! Thanks for reminding me haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. the dress looks so good! oh, pretty collar. and you looks great :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, you always have the cutest outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the shapelessness, that's part of the cool!

    ReplyDelete
  15. amazing blouse! Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool blouse!

    www.kimgodschalk.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yaaay I LOVE LOVE LOVE Wednesday Adams! And therefore your outfit! :-)

    ReplyDelete