deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

January 10, 2013

Eating and wearing

A roundup, to break the monotony of my America posts. Since I got back, I've been passing time by catching up with friends, inevitably over food, to fight off the post-trip blues (there is a Wikipedia page for it guys). I've actually got an essay due soon so I shouldn't be this bored, but the other night I found myself looking up plane tickets to London for this February (my heart is saying yes, but my head, friends and family are all saying don't-be-ridiculous).


Fried chicken on waffles (complete with maple syrup) at Jazz City Diner last week. I think I may have taken a year off my lifespan by eating this. It was nice in a weird way, but it's the chilli cheese fries I'm going to go back for.


Taking my new tote bag and t shirt out for spins.


The oreo pie slice from Pie Tin that almost killed me / Very expensive Calippo on a hot Saturday on Bondi Beach. These girls walk around on the sand selling them for twice the usual price and my lazy arse can never resist.


Improvised a surprisingly good pasta bake for myself. It was basically bechamel sauce, bacon, and pasta, baked with cheese on top.


Massive shared froyo on Sunday night / my favourite dress of 2011 which I hadn't worn in ages.


Pizza with friends last night (over the last three days, I have eaten four meals of pizza) / pink grapefruit sorbet and the giant rubber duck that's in Darling Harbour for Sydney Festival.

Mix of DSLR and phone pics. I have really neglected my poor camera lately, but I've decided I don't entirely like seeing phone pictures on my blog so I'm going to give it some more love.

25 comments:

  1. Fried chicken on waffle? I don't even know what to say but I must try that before I die! Might hate it...might love it, the concept is slightly scary! And calippo <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please could I have your lifestyle and wardrobe?

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha aww Philippa my life is actually pretty boring, these are just the better bits!

      Delete
  3. Fried chicken on waffle .. no. I just couldn't eat it, I think. Everything else: WOW yummy I'm hungry now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fried chicken on waffles does sound weird but nice! Lovely photos :) xo

    http://www.jenventure.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fried chicken waffle thing does terrify me, but there is a place down the street from me here in LA that does it, so I must try at some stage..!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chicken and waffflesss! I love that stuff. My uni has a diner that sells that after 10 PM, perfect for those late night study sessions. Looking at all your food pictures is making me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i totally believe in the post trip blues! every time i come back to chicago i give it the stink eye for like two winks and can't wait to go exploring some where else again. but i always feel like comfort food does help too ;) and MMM how bomb does that waffle and fried chicken look?? my dinner of Cheerios is looking super lame right now haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. there's cola and lemonade calippo's?! why didn't i know about this! i don't think i'd be able to resist either :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love chicken and waffles! And yours look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those waffles and oreo pie look amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fried chicken and waffles just blew my mind! Everything looks so good. I would take the trip, sometimes your most memorable memories are the spontaneous ones :) Essays smeasseys! Next Monday I start classes, I'm sure my business writing course will keep my loaded!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous photos & outfits! That oreo cake looks so yummy! xx

    www.satinandsouffles.com
    www.satinandsouffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. So much delicious looking food in this post! My mouth's watering just looking at that Oreo pie. Also, can't believe there's a Wikipedia page on that, but somehow I'm not too surprised -- there's one for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, man. Fried chicken and waffles?! My partner actually ate fried chicken on a donut from a food truck while we were in Austin - apparently it was pretty damn good! I love your tote bag, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha, i see that i'm not the only one that's baffled by the idea of fried chicken on waffles with syrup! I guess i just don't like sweet and salty together. every other food picture is killing me though, looks so good! and you look so cute in that outfit :)

    xx
    www.chasingthmoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. you look super pretty! and the food looks amazing ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. I feel like I should have already tried fried chicken and waffles already, considering how totally American it sounds, but I still can't bring myself to try them! Friends of mine eat bacon with maple syrup and I D G I.

    Jessica | Vixenelle

    ReplyDelete
  18. fired chicken on waffles, can't say i've tried that. it does sound a wee bit weird yes. closest i've come in bacon on pancakes, which was very nice indeed so you never know. i don't like using iphone photos on my blog but sometimes it's just easier for quick snap

    ReplyDelete
  19. really lovely post. and god that food in the first photo is to die for .. in fact it is making my very hungry haha. cute preppy outfit as well :) i think sometimes the iphone has the advance on the DSLR cos the best camera is in fact the one that is with you but i hope you will get to use your DSLR more. the quality is obviously unmatchable :)

    http://www.lovefromberlin.net/
    xx rae

    ReplyDelete
  20. your blog ALWAYS makes me feel hungry! :p hahaha. i really wish i could travel to Sydney soon even if just for awhile. i know it must be blazing hot right now though! but the beaches look amazing <3 and i love your evolution tote bag! did you travel alone to NY? xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such fabulous photographs darling and all that food is making me so super hungry :) You should book the tickets to London lovely!

    Eda ♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. aww, amazing post and your blog is LOVELY ! :D


    http://gopolaysia.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely post! The oreo pie looks soooo good.

    So glad I discovered your blog! I've gone through a couple of your old posts, and all your wonderful photos and stories have made me even more excited for when I move to Sydney for uni! It'll be so great to be able to explore the city properly :).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.