deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

June 1, 2014

Vivid Sydney '14

Another year, another Vivid! It's coming around faster and faster. I went twice in the last week, but the pictures are combined from the two nights so I don't have to bore you with two posts of almost the same thing. To be honest, I wasn't that impressed this year. Maybe the novelty is wearing off? But somehow, I managed to accumulate a load of photos (I can't control myself), so here they are.


They extended Vivid to Martin Place this year. I feel like Martin Place should have more events, all this nice open pedestrian space!


This building was made for this projection, ha ha.


And crossing over to Circular Quay now.


This was simple but I liked how it works with the stairs and columns. It's almost temple-like.


A dance-stage sort of thing. I feel like a lot of the installations this year went for a cheaper way of engaging the visitors.


This was cool though, your shadows projecting and multiplying.




My favourite this year! Giant bunnies. Simple but so bizarre.




I liked the MCA, very trippy.



This was also a cool one. There were microphones and you talk/make noises into them, and light projections come up onto the wall; the higher your voice, the sharper the shapes, and softer lights for deeper sounds.



The Opera House was a bit disjointed and random. There was a cool bit where the history of the Opera House was narrated while the projections made it look like it was being built up.


This is at Darling Quarter, where you can control the lights coming up with a touchscreen.



We sat down to watch the light/water show at Darling Harbour.



It was pretty cheesy really. I like fireworks though, Sydney will come up with any excuse for fireworks.

18 comments:

  1. This looks amazing, the giant bunnies are so cool! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sydney is rather beautiful!
    Awesome photos :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is pretty cool! Especially the giant bunnies. I like it when they do projections on buildings - they do that at some festivals here in the UK to music and it's great!

    Saskia / girlinbrogues.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a shame that you didn't enjoy it as much as previous years. Was it very crowded on the nights that you went?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was pretty crowded! Probably does detract from it a bit.

      Delete
  5. oh my gosh! those giant bunnies are out of these world! and the opera house is really pretty at night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the khaki trench + stripes combo! You remind me to wear my Breton stripes more :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this looks like it would be such a blast! It's crazy to see the city light up like this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The opera house looks so wicked lit up like that! Can't wait for Vivid to get to Melb again as I missed out last time.. Anyway it looks like a blast through your shots x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realise Melbourne had Vivid too now, I'd like to see that sometime too.

      Delete
  9. Hi! I went to Australia about four years ago and it was such an amazing experience. I visited Sydney-Opera House (and to be honest, the pictures you have posted look so darn familiar), and many other places! You are so lucky you have the chance to live there!
    xo Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vivid always looks amazing! Great photos x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning photos!

    http://audreyallure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was my first time to vivid this year. So lovely isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, i've never been to vivid before. i'd love to visit before it closes this week :)

    I’d really love it if we followed each other :)
    __________________________________________________
    Hope you follow my blog ‘Heylinni’ at:
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4923497
    I’d be glad to follow back! Us bloggers should support each other ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  14. My dream! Sydney <3 the best place! I envy you. Great photos dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never been there but I feel I need to go. Just another thing to see.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. ahh it's such a shame i left on the same day vivid started this year so i've missed the whole thing! though the thing i'm most annoyed about missing is lauryn hill at the opera house as part of the festival, i really wish i could've gone to that! :(

    little henry lee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.