deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

July 2, 2014

Beijing

I'm currently in New Zealand so I've queued up some posts with photos from my trip to China in January.

This was the first time I've visited Beijing. As a city, it's very big, spread out, connected by highways and big roads (which I never really like in a place). The attractions are all interesting, lots of history. There's a permanent haze (of pollution) which hangs over the city, which actually makes for nice lighting for photographs.




In the Temple of Heaven, which is surrounded by a pretty big park.


Circular Mound Altar. When you stand in the middle at the top and speak, you can hear your voice echo back.



Tiananmen Square. Lots of security and high military presence.




Qianmen, a gate that's part of the old city wall.


Peking duck (my favourite) at this famous peking duck restaurant which is about five floors.


Forbidden City.



View of the Forbidden City at the top of Jingshan Park (seen in the last picture).


The Great Wall!



The sheer length of it is crazy, it sort of looped up and down the hills off into the distance.




Climbing it was hard work, I would have definitely given up if I were an enemy invader.


Summer Palace park.



The Long Corridor, decorated with paintings.



22 comments:

  1. Wow, these photographs are truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I really like the first picture of the great wall and the picture above that one!
    I'd love to visit it myself someday!
    Did you know they do have a marathon over the great wall? Apparently (one of?) the hardest marathons that excist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could barely walk the Great Wall so I don't even know how that would be possible haha!

      Delete
  3. Your photos makes me want to go to China soon!! it really surprises me to see you don't have so many people in your pictures (I have seen some other pics elsewhere and everything looks so overcrowded!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cities were pretty empty when I went because it was Chinese New Year and everyone had gone back home, I think.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous photos! I visited all these sights on my trip to China a few years ago, and they were truly breathtaking. I was younger at the time, so I didn't appreciate them that much, but if I were to visit them again, I think I would truly appreciate the true beauty in these historic sights :)

    Emily // ahemitsemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goooorgeous Beijing snaps! Great that the natural light did
    a great job with the photography c: I really like the one where
    you can see the Forbidden City from up! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! These photos are absolutely stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your photos!!!! I'm having a travel fever now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Someday, I hope very soon, I will visit Beijing for sure! Lovely pictures :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. YOUR PHOTOS ARE JUST SO PERFECT!

    I sense a film photo vibe, is that correct or just excellent editing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No film, must've just been how the colour balance worked out :)

      Delete
  10. Beijing looks so majestic in these shots.
    This is a beautiful collection of images! I hope you're having a great time in New Zealand! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my gosh, jane!! these are magnificent photos! i'm so amazed! breathtaking! makes me wanna pack up my bags and go!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning photos! Look so beautiful and vibrant. I always hear about the permanent smog/haze here, but in the first few photos the sky looks absolutely blue and beautiful. Hope you are having fun in NZ Jane :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful photography, Beijing looks absolutely stunning! The haze really does add something magical to the photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. it would be very hard for me to describe how much this post and your photos, has made me want to visit Beijing. Slick snapping skills!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, these are gorgeous. Convenient pollution haze does have one perk, beautiful even lighting without the harsh contrasts. Still unfortunate. Hope you're having fun in New Zealand!

    www.rosa-dyn.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have to say I've been looking forward to your CHina photos for a while (not gonig to lie - mainly for the food!) and these do not disappoint! You are such a talented photographer, these really blow me away.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Great Wall! Holy! So grand and beautiful. Your photos are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i really love beijing duck! i think ducks from beijing are the tastiest in the world! or maybe it's my craving saying...
    haha

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm loving all your travel snaps. Also getting envious but that's understandable. The Great Wall is impressive... I wish there were no tourists in these kinda places, no people at all, just the grandiosity itself for us to admire in awe. People are a distraction and often ruin the scenery but oh well, I'd still be amazed and would still marvel at it for a long time. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.