deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

May 14, 2017

Old towns

As I've mentioned before, one of my favourite things to do when I visit a new city is to explore the historic district, or old town, if it has one. They usually involve interesting architecture, cobblestones, staircases, and winding lanes you can get lost in. I'm probably fascinated by these places because the "historic" areas or towns in Australia aren't very old at all. Here are a couple of my favourite "old towns" I've visited across the world.


Alfama, Lisbon. The oldest district of Lisbon, built on a hill overlooking the rest of the city.


Old Havana. Beautiful in its own crumbling way.


Malá Strana, Prague. Not officially the part of the city called "Old Town", but the part across the river.


Old Town, Edinburgh. All the staircases!


Stone Town, Zanzibar City. A total maze of narrow streets, which the call to prayer echoes through.


Albaicín, Granada. Built on the hills by the Moors with a beautiful view of the Alhambra.

For more throwback travel, check out my photos of Milford Sound over at Love From Berlin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.